This revolutionary facility will produce and distribute up to 30,000 meals daily to needy
schoolchildren, diners at Meir Panim’s free restaurants, and recipients of Meals-on-Wheels.
The center will also offer a variety of vital social services, such as an after-school youth club and vocational training.
- The foundations and framework of the building are complete. Roof has been laid
and ceiling paving is 30% complete.
- Floors have been laid and walls have been erected. Paving, painting and tiling
are in progress.
- The exterior of the building is currently being finished in Jerusalem stone.
- Water and sewage pipes have been installed, and 85% of bathroom fixtures
through-out the facility are in place.
- Electrical cables have been installed, along with boards and transformers, and
connections are 75% completed.
- Half the lighting fixtures throughout the facility are in place, and 75% percent of
switches and outlets have been installed.
- External air conditioning system is 80% completed and internal air conditioning
system is 90% completed.
- Refrigeration and freezing rooms, temperature controlled according to type of
food being stored (meat, poultry, produce, etc.) are 70% complete.
Despite the difficult economic climate, fundraising efforts in the United States and abroad have
brought in more than $6 million from over 900 donors to date. However, an additional $2.3
million is still needed to complete the Israel Nutrition Center, which is scheduled to open in Q4
For more updates and photos, please visit