This revolutionary facility will produce and distribute up to 30,000 meals daily to needy children and families, diners at Meir Panim’s free restaurants, and recipients of Meals-on-Wheels, in addition to creating much-needed employment for residents of the economically depressed area.
Progress to date:
- The industrial kitchen, the largest in the Middle East, is complete.
- The refrigeration and freezing rooms, temperature controlled according to the type of food being stored (meat, poultry, produce, etc.) are complete.
- The building foundation, framework and roof are complete.
- Walls, floors and ceilings on all three floors are finished. Painting and tiling are in progress.
- Paving of the exterior of the building, in Jerusalem stone, is complete.
- The internal air conditioning system has been installed and the external air conditioning system is 95% complete.
- All plumbing has been installed, and sewage system is 90% complete.
- Electrical cables, boards and transformers have been installed, and connections are 95% complete.
- All lighting fixtures throughout the facility are in place, and all switches and outlets have been installed.
- Roadwork outside building remains to be done.
For more updates and photos, please click here.