This revolutionary facility will produce and distribute up to 30,000 meals daily to needy schoolchildren, diners at Meir Panim’s free restaurants, and recipients of Meals-on-Wheels, in addition to creating some 200 much-needed jobs for residents of the economically depressed area.
The center will also offer a variety of vital social services, such as vocational training and an after-school youth club.
Progress to date:
- The industrial kitchen, the largest in the Middle East, is 100% complete.
- The refrigeration and freezing rooms, temperature controlled according to the type of food being stored (meat, poultry, produce, etc.) are 100% complete.
- The employee cafeteria is 100% complete.
- The foundations and framework of the building are 100% complete. The roof has been laid, and ceiling paving is 100% complete.
- All floors have been laid and all walls have been erected. Paving is 90% complete and painting and tiling are in progress.
- Paving of the exterior of the building, in Jerusalem stone, is 80% complete.
- The external air conditioning system is 95% complete, and the internal air conditioning system is 90% complete.
- All water pipes have been installed, and sewage system is 90% complete.
- Electrical cables have been installed, along with boards and transformers, and connections are 85% complete.
- 75% of the lighting fixtures throughout the facility are in place, and 85% of switches and outlets have been installed.
The Israel Nutrition Center remains on track to open its doors by the end of 2011.
For more updated information and photos, please visit: http://staging-meirpanimorg.kinsta.cloud/page_kg_e.php?id=80